3.17.2011

happy st. patricks day!

Happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone and to my Irish family! I'm not at all Irish, but my husband's family is and that is cause for celebration! My father-in-law was the first American-born child in their family. The Irish accents still run thick in Tommy's grandparents, and it just doesn't get any better than that.

This picture is amazing!
This is Tommy's Fafa, and he is as Irish as they come. I adore this picture! We have it framed in our house. I think this is one of those pictures that just tells a story-- his story. My sister-in-law, Molly, took this. She is very skilled with a camera and really captured Fafa here.

And when I look at this picture of Fafa, I see my husband. I think Tommy very much looks like his grandfather.




In honor of St. Patrick's Day I made a little something. Because I need to cut back on the sweets I did not make cupcakes with green frosting like I had originally wanted to. Instead, I gave Irish Soda Bread a shot, and it turned out really good! It was actually really, really easy! Talk about a quick, inexpensive bread. I may just be making this one more often. I did add raisins to this one, but as I was putting them in I couldn't help but think "this would be so good if I was adding chocolate chips" :)



I think I am feeling especially excited about St. Patty's Day this year because I'm carrying an Irish baby :) Granted he's not very Irish, but 25% is pretty decent, right? And he will be carrying a very strong, Irish name. While I may have mentioned his name on this blog before, I don't know if I've done an official name reveal. We are so excited to meet Jack Thomas Morgan in just 2 months and some change! Fafa's {up above the bread} name is Thomas Patrick. My father-in-law is Thomas and my husband is Thomas Patrick. We are proud to keep the Thomas name going! Thomas is also my grandfather's name and is a family name in my family, so this boy is following after some very excellent men!

No comments:

Post a Comment