3.20.2010

What's Been Keeping Me Busy

Our house! Oh how I love it! We bought our first house in September, did some major kitchen renovations because it was not even possible to live here before that, and then moved in mid-November. We love our home! It's so charming... well, it's getting there. It was built in the 1930's (ohhh love!) and it's got potential written all over it. Some of that potential we've tapped into, but we will be working on this thing for so long. Since our home was so neglected before we moved in we have been doing some crazy yard work this week! Not to mention all of the down tree branches and limbs from the snow storms! Ohhh boy we've been outside and LOVING the gorgeous weather! I planted flowers this morning. I just love working to make our home more beautiful and more like us.

I promised some pictures last time I wrote of some of the things we've been doing on the inside.

We have a very small bedroom and tiny closets, so we are on a mission to have enough storage for our clothes but enough room to have a nice, "spacious" bedroom. Husband's idea: take the headboard and footboard off the bed. I didn't believe him at first, but it has made such a difference! Love how much more room we have. We made our own headboard. Rather adventurous for us, but it turned out nicely! Plywood, foam, batting, fabric, and a staple gun and we were set!

Before (please excuse the mess and the fact that I didn't make my bed this day)















These 2 were no help whatsoever...
alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5450814850100279186" />


After!




Then...

1 comment: