3.22.2010

Food, Politics, Health Care, and More

Wow, has it been a crazy beginning to the week! Starting last night with the House passing the Health Care Reform. It will be interesting to see where this goes and what comes from it.

Today was a very busy day for me and my fellow Dietetic Interns. We had our first class day getting to see each other since January, so that was fun. After our class day we headed down into DC to join an American Dietetic Association Public Policy Workshop (PPW) Kick-off Party. This was the first time I attended one and was excited to participate in this event.

I have been thinking a lot of about how much I enjoy fresh foods and buying locally. Perhaps this has come along with the arrival of spring?? :) I'd say so. Anyway, I love farmer's markets, I love buying from and supporting local businesses, and I love the fresh food!! During these seasons I buy and eat way more produce, and I enjoy it so much. I am so excited for our local place to open back up. I had a rough time this weekend getting my fruits and veggies in. I got busy, lazy, and didn't plan my meals, and as a result I ate poorly. That was the case again today, so I am going to the store tomorrow and making a plan to improve my diet for the rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment