This chicken is awesome. This dish is so healthy and really pretty easy to do. It's a fun one to get the kids involved with too because they can learn about healthy ingredients and help put this dish together.
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken cutlets
- 1/2 c. finely chopped roasted red peppers
- 1/2 c. crumbled feta cheese
- 1 T chopped, flat leaf parsley
1. In small bowl mix together feta and roasted red peppers.
2. Season chicken with 1/4 tsp salt and pepper on each cutlet.
3. Divide the cheese/pepper mixture evenly in each cutlet [about 1 heaping tablespoon] & roll the chicken up. Use a toothpick to hold the rolled up chicken in place.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in skillet on medium-high heat. Use an oven safe skillet to make this even easier!
5. Cook chicken seam-side up until browned [about 3-4 mins]. Flip chicken and transfer skillet to top rack in oven. Roast until cooked through [14-16 mins].
6. Remove from oven when finished. Check internal temperature. Poultry should be 170 degrees F.
The healthy facts:
- I love chicken as a protein. Lean and a great choice. A lot of people think chicken can't be good, but this dish has so much flavor you won't even remember red meat.
- This dish is low in fat. The flavoring comes from the roasted red peppers & feta cheese.
- Choose low fat feta cheese to make this dish healthier.
A few things:
- Don't let your kids touch raw chicken. That's just wrong.
- Don't let your child use a knife.
- Great roles for kids include measuring things out, mixing together ingredients, and monitoring the time on cooking.