4.24.2012

breakfast of champions.

Continuing on in the spirit of healthy dieting/weight loss, let's talk about the importance of breakfast.  I already feel like I sound like a commercial.  Sorry for that.  Seriously breakfast is so important.  It kick starts our metabolism, it gets the body going, and keeps us from binging later on.  Having balanced meals and snacks is key to successful weight loss-- breakfast is a big part of that.



Jack and I wanted to demonstrate a healthy breakfast.  My new favorite thing for breakfast is plain yogurt, and I add in fresh fruit and a little honey to sweeten it.  I don't need a lot in the mornings/don't have time to sit and eat, so it's perfect for me.  Jack's still going with the old standby-- the classic oatmeal and milk.  He wanted me to mention he has fruit, too.

My point with all this is breakfast doesn't have to be a huge meal where you sit and eat for 30 minutes.  It can be quick, light if you wish, and healthy!  Some mornings I would just have toast.  [Would being the operative word here, since I can't use my toaster since it's full of mouse poop.  And still sitting on my counter.  What's wrong with me?? ]  Ok funny story here, Tommy still was having toast, until I informed him the other day that I thought I saw mouse droppings down in there.  His response "well, let me go throw up and then I'll throw the toaster out."  Bless him. 



*there's mouse poop in our toaster because we left most of our stuff in our house in Maryland when we moved to Tennessee.  we didn't clean out the cereal cabinet.  four months later, mice had done a lot of damage in our kitchen.  although i had an incredibly tough first round inspection on EVERY SINGLE ITEM that came from that mouse house, apparently the toaster slipped through the cracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment