6.22.2012

the greatest pork i've ever had.

As I've mentioned before I found this pork recipe that is out of this world good.  I am OBSESSED with this pork for 2 reasons:

1.  It's deliciousness.
2.  It's so stinkin easy to prepare.

I call it my 4 x 2 recipe because it has 4 ingredients besides the pork and the measurements are all 2's.





What you need:

-  1 1/2 pound pork [I usually use a loin but whatever you can find works and trim off the excess fat]
-  2 cups salsa [I use store-bought]
-  2 T dried oregano
-  2 T chili powder
-  2 T cocoa powder [unsweetened]


Combine the ingredients and stir them together in the crockpot.

 

Oh yeah, did I mention it's a crockpot recipe?  Even easier.


 
Then add the pork and flip it to make sure it's coated.  Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 8-9 hours.  Easy peasy.




The recipe suggested pork tacos so we usually do that because who doesn't like a good taco night.  It's also awesome over rice.  Cilantro lime rice.  Really awesome that way. 


*This recipe is approved by all members of the Morgan Family. 


This recipe is from Real Simple and can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment