2.06.2010

What Have I Done During The Blizzard?

Well, not much. I've done much laying around, watching tv. I have also done laundry, a little cleaning, keeping up with the dog, a little playing outside with her, and a lot of staring out the window in awe of how much snow keeps falling. Blizzard 2010 has been very intense!

I have also done a couple of easy projects. These pictures came from my Mamaw's house. They always creeped me out as a child, but I think the frames are really beautiful.




So I knocked out the pictures and hung the frames on my freshly painted wall. I think it looks good like this but maybe some day I will put pictures inside of it.







The next task that is daunting me is decorating this beautiful bookcase. When we moved into this house this bookcase was left behind downstairs in the basement. At first we had planned to get rid of it but then I saw the potential. We hauled it upstairs, the husband sanded it all- it's huge as you can see! Then we painted it with the leftover paint from our kitchen table. The husband got the great idea to tack on some crown molding at the top. I was skeptical at first, but he was so excited about it so I went with it. I could not be happier with how it turned out!! It is beautiful! And this gorgeous, HUGE bookcase is now in our dining room and cost us a grand total of $12 (only for the molding)!

Now I'm stuck on how to decorate it... I just have a few random ideas on there now. I'm working on it.



No comments:

Post a Comment