2.18.2010

What the Blizzard Did To Me

We are happy to report that snow is melting and life is back to normal here. While I really have no excuse for my long absence from blogging, I sort of do. After getting 4 snows in 2 weeks, two of which were official blizzards, I got a little off my game and overwhelmed. The first blizzard was ok- we got 33 inches at our house- which was a lot but we dug out and hadn't been able to get out onto the street yet, but were doing ok. The second storm is what really got us. In the second storm we lost power. 36 hours later it was back, we came home, and things were good again. I lost all kinds of organization and order and feel like it has taken me awhile to get it back. But, I think I'm about there now.

Tonight's thought:

We had tri-colored pepper chili tonight, and it was delicious! Actually, it was Petro Night at this home! We love Petro night- it's so fun! Since we don't have a Petro's up here, it's as close as we can get. If you don't know what Petro's is- check it out! Fantastic. My husband LOVES their orange tea so much!

So I didn't have any beans at home but did have 3 peppers (red, orange, and yellow) that needed to be used, so I still did ground beef but replaced the beans with the peppers. The chili had such good flavor! It was wonderful, and we did Frito chips on the bottom, chili, cheese, sour cream, tomatoes, and lettuce on top. It doesn't get any better than that! Well, I have leftovers, so that makes it yummy.

I have a couple of small, tiny little projects we did here to share soon. We are in the design phase of our closet to mudroom transformation! We are so excited! But still planning...


Happy Thursday! And Happy Winter Olympics to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment