1.30.2010

Sturdy and Warm

This cabinet was the first of many endeavors that we made on updating pieces of furniture. I happened to pick it up during a time when my husband was very busy trying to fix his truck, but he was such a sport helping fix it. I wish I had "before" pictures- I can't believe that I didn't take any! All I have is the after.

I saw this piece on Craigslist last May and thought it'd be great! We went to pick it up only to learn that it had been sitting in an East Tennessee garage for quite some time; therefore, wet, rotten, and moldy. But not all of it. I paid way too much for this!! I have learned me lesson now. We sanded and sanded and sanded! My husband built brand new doors for the front!! He did a great job and these are so much nicer than the ones that were nasty before. My sister helped me paint (white) and then lightly brush with a stain. Here we are 9 months later and it is sturdy, beautiful, and makes my room look so warm! I am loving this piece and while it was a lot of work it was so worth it because it means that much more to us now.



Our beautiful entertainment center!

No comments:

Post a Comment