1.18.2011

fajita night

I love that my husband likes to cook! He is really good at making good food. That sentence really doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but it does in my head. There are certain foods that he makes so awesome-- like baking pretty much anything, and things like fajitas. So the other night when we were deciding what to do for dinner and I suggested fajitas I was so pumped when he took it over and made it all. I really do like to cook but lately have had no desire for it. Normally, I will do a weekly menu to plan out our meals but this weekend I hadn't planned anything so it was a bit of clean slate to work with. We accounted for what ingredients we had and went to the store to get what we needed. We spent just over $11 at the store and used probably $3 worth of ingredients at home. So for $14 we had a meal that would easily feed 4 but probably more like 6. And it was so healthy and good!


The main thing that we needed at the store was fresh veggies! We picked up a green bell pepper, red bell pepper, and sweet onion.


Cooked them in olive oil and then added just a bit of fajita seasoning to them and the meat.


Since I didn't do the cooking, I really have no more steps in the process. All I can say is it was delicious and please excuse my pathetic looking pictures.

We did cilantro lime rice-- one of my favorites!!! And yes, that is sour cream oozing out the side. Oozing is a really, really gross word to use when talking about food in general but especially sour cream. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment